OB TITLE: SENIOR COMPENSATION ANALYST
(Senior Human Resources Analyst)
CITY: SAN FRANCISO, CA
JOB REQUISITION: 2586
The Senior Compensation Analyst (Sr. Human Resources Analyst) with the Human Resources Division of the Administrative Office of the Courts (AOC) will review and make recommendations that impact compensation programs, serve as a project leader on specialized compensation studies, and provide training to AOC staff and the courts on topics relating to compensation.
The Classification, Compensation, and Benefits Unit provide direct and indirect services to the judicial branch in the areas of classification and compensation. In addition they recommend and implement new benefit programs and improve existing programs for judicial branch employees.
Current major initiatives include:
* Developing comprehensive employee benefits programs for 19,000 court employees to better position themselves as an employer of choice;
* Developing a branch wide review process for employee classification & compensation; and
* Conducting research, surveys, and focus groups on issues of most concern to AOC and judicial branch employees in the area of compensation and rewards.
* Conducting research, analyzing data, making recommendations, drafting memos and reports of findings, developing survey instruments, and making formal presentations to management;
* Serving as an expert on judicial branch compensation issues, conducting internal salary comparisons, and conducting external salary surveys;
* Serving as a consultant to AOC staff, the courts, and management on matters relating to compensation, responding to the most sensitive or complex inquiries and resolving issues arising from such inquiries;
* Implementing new programs and recommending changes to existing ones;
* Reviewing legislation for impact on compensation programs and staying abreast of industry trends;
* Working with the staff and customers of the Human Resources Division to address emerging issues;
* Assigning the work of others, providing project lead advice to staff members, setting priorities, and following up to ensure the completion of assigned work within specified timeframes; and
* Other duties as assigned.
Equivalent to possession of a bachelor's degree, preferably with major course work in human resources, public or business administration, or organizational psychology, and three years of professional analytical experience developing, implementing, and administering compensation programs.
In addition, desirable qualifications include:
-Extensive knowledge of and experience in designing, implementing, and administering compensation and benefits programs; and
-Certification as a compensation professional with WorldatWork (American Compensation Association) or some other professional organization.
HOW TO APPLY
To ensure consideration of your application for the earliest round of interviews, please apply by July 28, 2006, however, this position will remain open until filled. To complete an online application, please visit our Web site at www.courtinfo.ca.gov/careers/view.htm, select job category “Human Resources”, and search for Job Req #2586, Sr. Compensation Analyst. This position requires the submission of our official application and response to the supplemental questions attached below.
To obtain a printed application, please visit:
Administrative Office of the Courts
455 Golden Gate Avenue, 7th Floor
San Francisco, California 94102-3688
415-865-4272 Telecommunications Device for the Deaf
PAY AND BENEFITS
SALARY RANGE: $5,850 - $7,109 per month
(Starting salary will vary between $5,850 and $6,435 per month)
Highlights of our benefits package include:
* Health/Dental/Vision benefits program
* 13 paid holidays per calendar year
* Choice of Annual Leave (22 days) OR Sick/Vacation Leave (12 sick days/10 vacation days)
* 1 personal holiday per year
* $105 transit pass subsidy per month
* CalPERS Retirement Plan
* 401(k) and 457 deferred compensation plans
* Employee Assistance Program
* Basic Life and AD&D Insurance
* FlexElect Program
* Long Term Care Program (employee paid/optional)
* Group Legal Plan (employee paid/optional)
The Administrative Office of the Courts Is an Equal Opportunity Employer.